I remember having some difficulty setting things up with the cable provided. (I had to buy a converter cable in order to connect it to my computer to download rates.) Once I figured the trick out, it worked like a charm! (I was an active eBay seller those days, so this scale came in very handy for estimating S/H without having to go to the post office.)
Then, one day, the scale inherited a glitch where the only thing it could do was turn on and display the weight in the standard unit (ounces) - not too convenient when weighing packages that weighed several pounds! It wouldn't even turn off with the ON/OFF button; it would just eventually turn off on its own. I kept the scale, despite its glitch, because it was still useful, albeit in a limited way.
Fast forward to tonight: I was weighing an envelope which seemed just a little too heavy to be 1oz. Out of old habit, I pressed the OFF button ... and it worked! Hooray! My scale has recovered from its malady and is fully functional!
It's time for me to update the shipping rates! Now, where did I put the cables ...